Two horizontal planes, held by ten columns accommodate two independent glass volumes. A classic modernist language is suitably used for this Judiciary Building.
House of Justice by Architects of invention in Ozurgeti, Georgia. Photography by Nakanimamasakhlisi Photo Lab.
CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE
‘The building consists of two fifty by twenty horizontal planes, connected with ten perimetrical columns and two independent glass volumes. Each volume is double stories connect with each other with underground path. Top horizontal plane acts as a common roof for both volumes. Lower horizontal plane acts as common platform and a public space.
One of the volumes is rectangular in plan, nineteen by nineteen meters and consists of – ground floor Public Service Hall and offices. Another volume is oval in plan consists of – ground floor Wedding Hall and offices. Both volumes have 100% transparent low emission glass. All the surfaces interior and exterior are composed in white tone.
The building is contextual; it fits into the existing morphology with height and with the plan, compacting the square.’
Text by Architects of invention
ARCHITECT: Architects of invention, Georgia. CLIENT: Ministry of Justice Georgia. LOCATION: K. Gamsakhurdia Squ. Ozurgeti, Georgia. DESCRIPTION: Institutional. STATUS: completed. TEAM: Niko Japaridze, Gogiko Sakvarelidze, Dato Canava, Eka Kankava, Eka Rekhviashvili, Viliana Guliashvili, Nika Maisuradze, David Dolidze, Soso Eliava, PM Devi Kituashvili. BUILDER: Anagi LTD. STRUCTURAL ENGINEER: PROGRESI. AREA: 1400 sqm. DATE: 2012. No part of this web site may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without prior permission of Morfae and the copyright owner.